Becoming a holistic health practitioner sounds intriguing, doesn’t it? The word “holistic” has been receiving quite the buzz, but what is it all about? Let’s check it out.
For thousands of years, healers and medicine people used nature to heal with a consideration of the whole system, even calling upon the gods for spiritual assistance. By 1905, physicians started to specialize, dividing the body into parts to be addressed separately. During the early twentieth century, our health care was evolving into what is known as Western Medicine. At the first sign of an ailment, it’s now become second nature to set an appointment with a medical professional, an allopathic doctor, who assesses and treats the symptoms with pharmaceuticals or surgery.
There are many advantages to the specialization of Western Medicine. We’ve enjoyed many advanced in the treatment and resolution of a variety of conditions and diseases.
That said, there is an important role that ancient, natural, and holistic healing and healthcare play in the overall well-being of the human condition. Holistic healing is a return to the ancient philosophy of considering a human as a whole interconnected system.
How do a person’s emotions affect the condition of their liver? Do their thought patterns and self-talk affect their skin? Are past life experiences affecting their current health and well-being? A curious holistic practitioner may hold these considerations in mind while treating a condition.
With a renewed interest in and respect for the connections between body, mind, emotion, and spirit, more people are turning to ancient healing techniques such as Ayurveda and naturopathy, in addition to energy healing in the form of Reiki and similar modalities. As people start unraveling their patterns and blocks, working through limiting beliefs, and unlocking their subconscious memories, hypnotherapy and past life regression have also become highly sought-after healing options for sustained wellness.
There’s a growing trend to recognize that mental, emotional, and spiritual health is intimately entwined with physical health, and seekers are engaging in preemptive healthcare and wellness strategies rather than waiting for symptoms and treating them with a pill.
There has never been a better time to become a holistic healing practitioner. As more and more people turn to alternative therapies to treat ailments, you—an aspiring holistic practitioner—will find yourself in a power position. If you’re thinking of pursuing a career as a holistic healing practitioner, this post is for you.
What is Holistic Health?
‘Holistic health’ is a term to indicate the balance and well-being of the whole system. We’ve talked about body, mind, emotion, and spirit, but a complete list includes our subtle bodies. Beyond the physical are the etheric, astral, mental, emotional, spiritual, and preternatural bodies. Addressing these levels requires an array of techniques, modalities, and philosophies relating to care.
Holistic health practitioners consider a more comprehensive strategy for healing and treatment. Rather than focusing on a single, specific condition, symptom, or illness, holistic healing addresses all parts of the individual and looks at their life in its entirety. One’s emotional and mental health are assessed along with diet, lifestyle, stress, limiting beliefs, mental blocks, and other factors. Also significant is one’s spiritual health, including past life experiences, spiritual influences, and subconscious patterns,
Another aspect of holistic health is that it’s often preemptive. By looking after the health of one’s body, mind, and spirit, holistic approaches also aim to prevent health issues from ever developing.
What is a Holistic Practitioner?
A holistic practitioner, also known as a holistic healer, assesses and treats ailments by addressing physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual factors within the living system.
Once the root cause is determined, the holistic practitioner strives to resolve the condition with techniques that address the whole being. Of course, in some instances, the patients are referred to allopathic doctors for treatments such as surgery.
What Are Common Holistic Healing Techniques?
Treatments recommended by holistic health practitioners are generally non-invasive, meaning they do not involve surgical intervention. Also, holistic healers generally opt for plant-based supplements and nutrition rather than pharmaceuticals.
There are many variations of holistic healing methods and modalities. A holistic healer may offer treatment in the form of:
- Energy Healing
- Herbal Medicine
- Past Life Regression
- Traditional Chinese Medicine
Holistic healing techniques were rarely offered in hospitals, even a few years ago. This approach is shifting, and many alternative treatments are now available to patients in hospitals and palliative care.
Hypnotherapy and Past Life Regression as Holistic Treatments
Hypnotherapy is growing as a popular treatment for countless issues. Guiding a client into hypnosis, a trained therapist focuses one’s conscious mind and connects it with the wisdom and perspectives of the subconscious mind.
Through hypnotherapy, a client may be able to:
- uncover blind spots and see previously hidden patterns
- witness painful memories from a non-threatening perspective
- experience rapid breakthroughs that would take far longer with talk therapy
- resolve or move on from dysfunctional relationships, improve self-esteem, and strengthen boundaries
- release any mental and emotional blockages and energy that have prevented forward movement
Hypnotherapy treats ailments with presenting symptoms and addresses problems and conditions that people are unaware of—latent issues that are not yet discovered but can eventually cause harm.
Hypnotherapy is known to bring improvements into people’s lives by helping them:
- recover from addiction
- remove unconscious blocks
- relieve physical pain
- develop healthy habits
- overcome fears and phobias
- treat trauma and PTSD
Beyond these standard applications, hypnotherapy is powerful in addressing spiritual issues and exploration.
- exploring past and future lives
- discovering purpose
- communicating with spiritual guides
- life transitions, birth, and death
I began my career by offering simple past-life regressions. After a few years, I earned my credentials as a Clinical Hypnotherapist. These skills not only empowered me to bring a valuable level of professionalism to my sessions, but I was able to create a new methodology and strategy that combines the best of both worlds.
I could guide my clients beyond the sightseeing tour of a past life to being able to heal and alter their perceptions of those past life memories to bring stability and well-being into their present life experience.
While it is common to consider other lifetimes as separate from ourselves, that isn’t true. We are the sum of all our experiences, whether we choose to recognize them or not. It is a holistic system.
Identifying and resolving the deeper roots of dysfunction is the key to sustainable wellness. These origins are frequently in another lifetime. Addiction is a good example. If a client is currently struggling with alcohol, we find the same in several closely related past lives.
If we try to curb the addiction only in this lifetime, we’re fighting an uphill battle against the tide of the influence of a multitude of lifetimes. Instead, if we address the issues in each of those other addicted lifetimes, it’s much easier to eliminate the problem here. In doing so, we’ve cleared the weight and dragging influence of the other lifetimes and only have to temper what is happening here.
Over the years, my clients have experienced profound breakthroughs resulting in life-long changes. Through hypnotherapy and past life regression, I’ve helped clients overcome seizures, depression, and self-destructive behaviors, find genuine positivity and lasting happiness, recognize their purpose and spiritual gifts, and much more.
How to Find the Best Holistic Practitioner Certification for You
There is a wide array of career paths in the field of holistic health. Do you want to focus on using energy, nutrition, and herbs or help people recover memories, resolve trauma, and explore their spirituality? The avenue of your healing focus will determine the education you’ll need to equip you with the necessary skills and experience.
Some techniques can be learned and mastered in a matter of weeks, while others may require years of study at an institute of higher education.
- First, determine which route you’d like to pursue. You can see from the list above that plenty of options for holistic healing treatments and therapies are available. Consider having a session with a reputable practitioner if you haven’t already.
- Next, determine whether this will be your full-time career or an added skill to complement your existing practice. Either way, you’ll want the course to be as well-rounded and comprehensive as possible, giving you the abilities and confidence to offer a quality experience to your clients.
- Research reputable institutions or educators who provide the instruction required. Do not hesitate to make personal contact with the instructor. Are they accessible? How long have they been in practice? What is their approach to the topic? Have they done anything new and innovative, written books on the subject, or participated in organizations in the field? Will they provide ongoing support? Can they answer all your questions?
Study Hypnotherapy and Past Life Regression With Me
Having earned my credentials as a Certified Instructor of Hypnotherapy in 1999, I’ve presented my courses privately, as well as through two institutes of higher education. By Spring 2020, I put the methods online to accommodate world changes due to the pandemic. As a hybrid course, combining online study with live group support calls, the training maintains the same excellent standard of education and has become accessible to students worldwide.
My students are a mix of aspiring hypnotherapists new to holistic healing and established healers, coaches, and therapists who see the value of adding hypnotherapy and past life regression skills to their existing practices.
My professional offerings are:
- My signature course, Integrative Hypnotherapy & Past Life Regression, is a comprehensive training that presents all the techniques and skills I’ve used in my private practice over the past three decades. It prepares the graduate to handle nearly every issue a client could present. The online course includes thorough instruction on facilitating hypnotherapy sessions from a client-centered perspective. Scripts are provided as a guide during the learning phase but are quickly set aside so sessions become organic and uniquely tailored to each individual. No training would be complete without a set of skills devoted to past life regression. This training is the most comprehensive available on this vital topic and brings expert skills to my graduates. Ongoing supervision and support are made available to my graduates, who are also welcome to repeat the coursework and support calls at any time.
- Transpersonal Wellness Coach Certification takes a deeper plunge into more spiritual principles. Holistic practitioners learn to facilitate spirit guide communication, soul retrievals, and sacred journeys. A thorough examination of entities, extra-terrestrials, and other spiritual topics will elevate your practice above the crowd.
- Crush the Smoking Habit for Good is a shorter, more focused application of hypnotherapy skills specifically aimed at helping clients stop smoking. My unique approach to this topic presents concepts and skills that will surprise your clients and achieve rapid results.
- I also offer FREE courses designed to help you decide whether this field of study fits your career plans. If you’re considering exploring coaching or healing, enroll in my free masterclass on How to Become a Successful Healer and Coach, or sign up for my free course, 5 Tips to Becoming a Soulful Hypnotherapist and Past Life Regressionist.
If you’re interested in learning more about how you will benefit from becoming a holistic healer or coach, I invite you to take a look at my courses.
If you have further questions, I’d be delighted to have a personal conversation to help you decide whether these courses are a good fit for your career plans. Click here to book a free 45-minute call with me. I’m happy to answer any questions you have!
Ending Thoughts on Becoming a Holistic Practitioner
There’s a growing trend for people to take responsibility for their health, well-being, and longevity. They’re advocating for themselves and preemptively caring for their mind, body, and spirit, preferring alternative and holistic therapies to Western medical treatments.
If it’s your mission to heal and coach others into wellness and a better lifestyle, it’s time for you to show up. You have unique energy and life experiences to offer your audience, and they are waiting for you. You could be a part of this exciting industry, providing quality techniques to give the best support to those who turn to you for help.
If you’re curious about becoming a holistic healing practitioner and see the value in offering hypnotherapy and past life regression as part of your practice, please check out my certification courses. And don’t forget to watch my free Master Class to see if this work aligns with your career plans.
I wish you all the best on your journey to becoming a holistic healer! It is a gratifying career path, and I trust you’ll find the techniques and skills you need to create a lasting career that sings to your soul.