Ah, the magical, mysterious tarot!
Imagine being able to hold deep, personal, meaningful wisdom at your fingertips. Picture yourself with the skills and knowledge to access intuitive information at anytime, using tarot cards.
The Tarot is a powerful tool for self-discovery and transformation. With its 78 symbolic cards, the Tarot provides profound access to our inner wisdom and creates a catalyst for intuition, new perspectives, and a closer glimpse at the Truth.
Effective teaching techniques provide easy memorization and immediate familiarity and ease. Learn to choose a deck for yourself, handle the cards, and do a basic Celtic Cross layout. Review the meanings of each card, both upright and reversed. Plan to have the skills and knowledge to give readings by the end of class. All you will need is to practice them to really hone your skills.
Having taught this course for over 24 years, it is now available as an online training. You can study at your own pace in the comfort of your own home with all the visuals and audio that you would enjoy in the classroom.
It is the same in-depth training that I give live, complete with audio and video for the most efficient and effective learning and integration. Tuition includes a full and detailed handbook, containing instructions and card definitions. Some students find it handy to print it for easy reference.
Design of the course
- The course is organized into Modules and Units that are easy to navigate. As you complete a unit it is marked off, so you always know where you are in the process. Count on about 6-10 hours of study to complete the course.
- Wisdom of the Tarot is created with a combination of reading materials, visuals, audio recordings, and video for maximum learning experience. In many ways, it is a near approximation of having my live class experience.
- After a short introduction to the course, learn the difference between the Major and Minor Arcana and how they are used in readings.
- Each of the 22 cards of the Major Arcana will be examined both upright and reversed, for how their archetypes and wisdom can be used to access information about purpose, character, and life lessons.
- Building on this knowledge, we will continue with the examination of each of the 56 cards of the Minor Arcana, both upright and reversed. Like a regular playing card deck, the Minor Arcana has four suits and ten numbered cards.
- The Tarot, however, contains four members of the Royal family in each suit, rather than three. Understanding the "people" cards can be one of the more challenging aspects of reading Tarot. We cover it in a very unique, orderly, and revealing process, allowing these players in the stage of life to evolve and come alive.
- Through the Minor Arcana we learn about the activities and people who influence our daily lives, as well as the challenges, support, and conditions of our life experiences.
- While many readers only know how to read the cards upright, by learning the more advanced upright PLUS reversed meanings of the cards, you will double your "tarot vocabulary" and give more details readings.
- Learn the value of formulating the question properly for greater clarity and focus in your reading.
- Receive guidance in choosing your own deck, and storing and handling them. And along the way, we will dispel several myths and "rules" about this topic.
- You will have step by step instruction on creating the Celtic Cross layout with your cards, and detailed explanation of the meanings of the positions, along with how you can guide your clients to actively change a less-than-favorable outcome.Through the positions that the cards fall into, we can look at:
- the energy surrounding the question
- the origin of the issue in the past
- what effect that initial event led to
- what is the next step on the journey of this issue
- and how it turns out in the future
- the driving forces of fear (or avoidance) and our expectations – and how these two forces influence our decisions and actions.
- the opinions of others, whether gossip or true, from spirit guides, family, friends, or foes.
- The nature and role of our own expectations of the issue, and
- the long-term result of this path, along with possible steps we can take if we prefer to change that future.
Continuing with the curriculum:
- You will be instructed on how to read the cards in the context of the position they fall into in the layout, the surrounding cards, along with the meaning of the card.
- Receive a printable PDF of a 56 page complete handbook that supports and deepens the subject of this course. In it you will find more background and history, along with all the material covered in the audio and visual portion of the course for easy reference.
- Have a pen available for additional notes, and an optional set of Tarot cards in the Robin Wood or Rider-Waite style to follow along and to practice doing readings right away.
Gain and develop skills you will enjoy for a lifetime!
“You consolidate your decades of experience and insight…”
“Thank you Mary Lee for teaching us the Tarot class that lead me to this ancient art of wisdom. You consolidate your decades of experience and insight into this class and summarize each card in a succinct, meaningful way that new users are easier to remember and compare. Since then I have been practicing Tarot skills very frequently, if not on a daily basis according to your home work assignment, it is indeed very useful even though I am just starting to learn it. ” Jenny C., Workshop Participant
“…an amazing learning experience!”
“Mary Lee is an excellent instructor and, although this was my first experience with Tarot cards, she created an amazing learning experience! It was incredible to end the two day (live) course and realize that we had learned the major and minor arcanas which make up the entire deck. We were able to complete readings during the 2nd half of day two which delighted our class as we had learned so much in two days. It was only due to Mary Lee’s ability to organize the information and give meaning to each card explained that allowed the ability to grasp everything in such a short time. I highly recommend this class for anyone wanting to learn Tarot, expand their awareness, or continue their education with the use of these tools to get messages and guidance for their life, their loved ones, or their client’s lives.” Heather Chan, Life Coach, Spiritual Reader/Medium, Workshop Participant
Imagine being able to hold deep, personal,
meaningful wisdom at your fingertips.
Picture yourself with the skills and knowledge
to access intuitive information at anytime.
For beginning to advanced readers. No previous experience necessary, yet new concepts and skills will be presented for readers of all levels.